Somehow the password I used to set up my Shake no longer works and I can’t get the unit to restart. How do I completely reset the unit?
You can try to see if the default password
shakeme works, but if it doesn’t, then you will have to re-burn your microSD card, because there is no other backdoor access to the Shake for security purposes.
These are the instructions on how to do so:
- Please take the microSD card you have and format it before burning the new Shake OS image
- Make sure, when you format it, that the shown capacity is the maximum (i.e. if the SD card is 32GB like yours, then the capacity should be near or equal to that value). This is to check that no partitions have been involuntarily and erroneously created. They could be the cause of the error we see now
- Take care to format the SD card in a FAT32 File System (or exFAT if the SD card is 64GB or larger)
- Download the new Shake OS image from here: https://gitlab.com/raspberryShake-public/raspShake-SD-img/raw/master/raspishake-release.zip
- And follow the microSD burning instructions from here: raspishake-microSD-card-software-Instructions.txt · master · raspberryShake-public / raspShake-SD-img · GitLab
I followed the numbered list points to burn the files on my SD cards, and I have not used Etcher or similar software.