"Save and Restart" not working

I am running on system version 2.0 on a RPI4 and RSnB.

In the Settings > General menue the “Save and Restart” button is not working. If pressed nothing happens.

Any help to this?

Hello UW1,

Thanks for contacting us about this issue that you are experiencing.

Usually, when the “Save and Restart” button in that page is clicked/pressed, a fast loading bar should appear for a couple of seconds (it could be even less), and then the view should automatically switch back to the rs.local/ home page, where the connectivity indicators would go briefly OFF and Not Connected, before turning ON and Connected again.

Can you confirm that this is not happening to you?

Also, could you please shut down your Shake, wait for a couple of minutes, turn it on again, wait for ~half an hour, download the logs and post them here? Instructions on how to get them are on this post: Please read before posting!

Thank you!

Thank you for your quick reply - and yes, it is indeed exactly as you describe.

I had in my mind that there was a way to restart the RPI physically via the software.

iPadPro

1 Like

Hello UW1,

There is a way, and it is the one that I had described, and that you have tried without success. Let’s see if, after re-burning the microSD card, the Shake manages to reboot successfully by clicking/tapping on the “Save & Reboot” button…

I will post the burning instructions here for your convenience if you want to try this procedure:

I followed the numbered list points to burn the files on my SD cards, and I have not used Etcher or similar software.

I guess I mixed up the „SAVE AND RESTART“ button on the Main/Settings screen that does this on the S&B website and the „REBOOT“ and „SHUTDOWN“ functions in the Actions menu that work on the RPI itself.

iPadPro

1 Like