Rsudp v0.4.0 released!

Hey there…

I got this during instllation…

platform : osx-64
             user-agent : conda/4.7.12 requests/2.22.0 CPython/3.7.4 Darwin/19.0.0 OSX/10.15.1
                UID:GID : 501:20
             netrc file : None
           offline mode : False

An unexpected error has occurred. Conda has prepared the above report.

Upload successful.
ERROR: rsudp failed to install.
---------------------------------
Something went wrong.
Check the error output and try again.
(base) Jesualdos-MacBook-Air:rsudp germen$

Hi @germen, can you post more of the error for me? There is nothing in here I can use to diagnose what went wrong. If you can, please post the full output of running the install script.

Before trying the full reinstall please do one of the following:

• If you already have conda installed and would like to keep the environments you have:

rm -rf ~/miniconda3/envs/rsudp

• If you are installing conda for the first time:

rm -rf ~/miniconda3

@germen I found a bug that may have been causing this problem. Can you clone/pull the github repository again and try reinstalling?

Dear Ian,

I tried couple of times to install rsudp in my mac OS. Still it is not working. You can see the problem in the screenshot attached. Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 14.32.32

What should I do to fix this issue?
Thank you in advance!

Hi all, just to document: Shiba and I worked out his errors yesterday via another channel and the conclusion was that his Shake was not forwarding data to the correct location. If you encounter an error like this, please first make sure that the Shake’s UDP data cast is being forwarded to the IP address and port noted in the error prompt.

Hi, I am running Windows 10 and have finally got Rsudp running, however not being a user of cmd type scripts, I am struggling to get alert sounds setup.

The following is the warnings I have and not sure how to proceed once I have downloaded said files.

2020-02-20 06:29:20 [Alert] Starting Alert trigger with sta=6s, lta=30s, and threshold=1.7 on channel=?HZ
c:\users\hrvistaweather\anaconda3\envs\rsudp\lib\site-packages\pydub\utils.py:193: RuntimeWarning: Couldn’t find ffprobe or avprobe - defaulting to ffprobe, but may not work
warn(“Couldn’t find ffprobe or avprobe - defaulting to ffprobe, but may not work”, RuntimeWarning)
2020-02-20 06:29:20 [AlertSound] WARNING: You have chosen to play a sound, but don’t have ffmpeg or libav installed.
2020-02-20 06:29:20 [AlertSound] Sound playback requires one of these dependencies.
2020-02-20 06:29:20 [AlertSound] To install either dependency, follow the instructions at:
2020-02-20 06:29:20 [AlertSound] GitHub - jiaaro/pydub: Manipulate audio with a simple and easy high level interface
2020-02-20 06:29:20 [AlertSound] The program will now continue without sound playback.

kind regards,
Tony

Hi Tony, great to see you using it! Windows installation of ffmpeg is a little weird, but I think if you follow steps 1-8 in this tutorial, it should work for you:

Hi Ian,
Thank you so much, that was painless easy to follow, all working correctly now.
Now I look forward to trying the YouTube Streaming when the Tutorial comes available.
Kindest Regards,
Tony

1 Like

Awesome, I’m glad to hear it. I am working on full software documentation at the moment, which will include guides to setting up Twitter and Telegram notification bots, as well as YouTube OBS streaming, with which you can set up streams similar to the one we have going here at our office:

1 Like

Thanks Ian, look forward to that.
Kindest Regards,
Tony

2 Likes

Hi, possibly wrong place to place this message. Though awoke this morning to find I had an event detected at 20200224 17:39:22 UTC using the Rsudp sript, it actually saved the image below. I was also overnight livestreaming to my private facebook using OBS as a test and although it did capture it on Station View the Rsudp had stopped refreshing in OBS (you can see in the attached video, which is very rough as I had to rewind the FB Livestream and record that timescale with my mobile phone).
Unsure as to what this event was as no other local stations recorded anything.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, as I’m still in learn mode.
Extract from Log:

2020-02-24 17:39:22 [Alert] Trigger threshold of 1.588 exceeded: 2.026
2020-02-24 17:39:22 [EQAlert function] Trigger threshold exceeded -- possible earthquake!
2020-02-24 17:39:22 [Alert] Trigger will reset when STA/LTA goes below 1.583...
2020-02-24 17:39:22 [Producer] Alert thread has indicated alarm state, sending ALARM message to queues
2020-02-24 17:39:22 [Plot] Event time: 2020-02-24 17:39:22 UTC
2020-02-24 17:39:22 [Plot] Saving png in about 21 seconds
2020-02-24 17:39:30 [Alert] Max STA/LTA ratio reached in alarm state: 3.048
2020-02-24 17:39:30 [Alert] Earthquake trigger reset and active again.
2020-02-24 17:39:44 [Plot] Saving png 22 seconds after alarm
2020-02-24 17:39:45 [Plot] Saved C:\Users\hrvistaweather\rsudp\screenshots\RAA90-2020-02-24-173922.png
2020-02-24 17:39:45 [Plot] Plot thread has saved an image, sending IMGPATH message to queues

Kind regards,
Tony

https://beaumaris-weather.com/data/20200225_073048.mp4

Hi Tony, that looks like a geophone spike, which could be due to an electromagnetic impulse nearby or due to the Shake board not being seated properly on the Pi. Looking back through your data there appear to be several of these spikes at various times. It also appears that your Shake does not have a reliable internet connection at times, but I think that’s unrelated.

Where in your house is your Shake located? Is there a chance there is something producing a lot of EM energy nearby?

Can you send your logs?

I don’t use Telegram but I do use Pushover to send quick messages to my mobile phone. I have started to write a module for it. My starting point is “c_telegram.py”. If anyone is interested then I will be submitting the code to the repository after testing.

2 Likes

Hi @dgoadby and others, just so you know I am moving the documentation from ReadTheDocs to GitHub Pages, so if you come across an error accessing the documentation, it now lives at https://raspishake.github.io/rsudp/

I did it, but have not lucky!

@germen did you end up being able to install rsudp?

I have been using rsudp for about 3 weeks on a dedicated Raspberry Pi 4B. No issues so far and it is a very nice application.

I was wondering about a feature addition. Could a bandpass filter option be added to the geophone channel? It would be nice to have some of the noise filtered out while watching live.

Below is the recent Anza 4.9

2 Likes

I will add that to the list of future improvements. Getting the spectrogram right would be the hard part I think.

Also: if you set "deconvolve": true, in the settings file, your plots will show up in recognizable units instead of counts.

Hi just wondering if anyone has been able to write a Windows bash script to start Rsudp on win10.
Kindest Regards,
Tony

Hi,
Thanks for the latest version, works well.
Still wish I could figure out a batch file to auto run on Win 10, would be handy…
I wound back the alert settings to try out the Twitter Upload and image capture, worked perfect.
Also trialed OBS Youtube Livestream, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcHjkx-1TB0
Not sure if I’ll keep it running longterm as very resource intensive on the Win10 Tower.
Kind Regards,
Tony

1 Like