Raspberry Shake in offline mode

Hi Everyone,

I’m using the Raspberry Shake in offline mode (no GPS) with stand-alone ON mode. But, when I tried to make download the data, I don’t have data. Can you help me, please?

Best regards,

Hello Manuelle,

Can you please provide the logs to your Shake? Instructions to find them here: Please read before posting!

Also, with what program did you try to download the data? Did you try via SSH or via SWARM, or some other software?

Thank you.

Hi,

I’m making download with FileZilla. For the pre-processing, I have been using the Swarm.
In attachment the log.RSH.RBAE5.2021-05-14T09_18_23.logs.tar (4.4 MB)

Hello Manuelle,

thank you for the logs. From them, I can see that the offline mode is properly activated and that all the processes that need to work are doing their job.

However, in other files, I can see this:

2021 093 19:44:34>>	%ÁÊ?mUÉÁÊ?v*]0ÉÊwTRe??S??E?I??W?ÑÊfEY ÙÊ?a??ÉË?eUBe??[??E?I?%ÁÊcTBeüI??[?ÑÊeDY ÙÊ'W?Be??eU?U?Y??T?ÁË?SEBe??S?
2021 093 19:44:34>>	Y?â?ÊÄE?I?,%ÁÊUII ÉÊ?	W?ÁËMEI ÉËWeDBe??cS?ÁË?FI ÉËwQ??ÉËwU??ÉÊwTBe??Q??E?I?6Y?ÁËlä?E?I?wåî_k?M?DY2S??Ë?AÐE

When this ‘gibberish’ writing appears, it can mean that there is no, or erroneous, communication between the sensors and the rest of the hardware. Even if the Shake was pre-assembled, could you please check that all the connections between the sensors and the blue Shake board are solid, and that the Shake board is firmly fitted on the Raspberry Pi board?

Sometimes a simple loose fitting can cause what you are seeing. I’ll wait for your check before we can proceed forward. You can attach pictures if you want.

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for help with the issue of data acquisition in stand-alone mode. I adopted cleaning the Raspberry connections before the acquisitions, but unfortunately, I continue to acquire the data in remote locations and when I arrive at the office, there is no data on the station. I would like tips and information on what procedure I should adopt to acquire the data and make sure they are recorded.

Best Regards

Hello Manuelle, it’s great to hear from you again!

If the Shake is not on right now, could you try to turn it on in stand-alone mode, even in your offce or at home, and let it run for a couple of days? After that, could you please connect to it directly from your computer, download the logs and post them here?

Hopefully, they will help in providing more insight on what is happening with your instrument.

Regarding the missing data, with “no data on the station” you mean that if you go in the /opt/data/archive folder there is nothing in there?

Thank you for the additional information that you will provide!

Hello,

Thank you for your attention.

In attachments are two logs.

Yes, I look in this directory, and there is no data.

Best Regards.

RSH.RFBA7.2022-02-03T10_21_03.logs.tar (3.9 MB) RSH.R7D9F.2022-02-03T10_21_27.logs.tar (4.2 MB)

1 Like

RSH.RBAE5.2022-02-03T23_20_48.logs.tar (5.0 MB)

1 Like

Hello Manuelle,

Thank you for the logs from all your Shakes. I can confirm what you have already seen. The booting process is working fine and also all the resources that need to be deployed are deployed when and where they are needed.

When this error appears

2022 002 10:58:41>>No Data has been received from the MCU in 12 read attempts.It appears the MCU is not transmitting data.  This is a fatal condition and should be investigated if this condition persists!
2022 002 10:58:41>>Data has been successfully received, fatal condition resolved.

it usually means that there are transmission issues between the sensors and the boards of the Shake. The ‘gibberish’ that follows (below) only reinforces this thesis, because it is showing data that is not understandable by our OS.

2022 033 10:31:37>>	??W?UIÐ?ÔU?ªW2EYÐ?Y?áUUBW?EIà?S??Se
2022 033 10:31:37>>	1??W?DIÐ??ôÜOk?M?eS2wE
2022 033 10:31:37>>	X??M??K]?+?E?AQë?Z]?ÄL]ª
2022 033 10:31:37>>	AQºEBa?ao ÙÊ'?U
2022 033 10:31:37>>	Y??a?ÁËQVII ÉËÒ?E

The very unusual element in this is that all three Shakes are displaying the same issue. Were the Shakes pre-assembled by us, or were they DIY kits? In any case, could you please check that all the connections between the sensors and the blue Shake board are solid, and that the Shake board is firmly fitted on the Raspberry Pi board for all three units?

Sometimes a simple loose fitting can cause what you are seeing. I’ll wait for your check before we can proceed forward. You can attach pictures if you want.

As a last resort, if your check that the connections is positive, you can also think about sending back the instruments to us, so that we can try them in our lab and see what is possibly out of the ordinary. But again, better do some checks first.