Getting back online

Hi

My Shake is in a holiday home and I’m out here at the moment, trying to get it back online.

I can access it locally and it pings the outside world when I ssh into it but I don’t think it’s reporting anything and it doesn’t appear on the map. This is what I see on the homepage:

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 08.31.08

Also, when I go to the helicorder view, I get lots of links at the top for different dates but just get a 404 message when I click on anything.

I’ve tried rebooting.

Any help gratefully received.

2 Likes

Hello OldJake, and welcome back to the community.

As both producer and consumer services are off, something might be going wrong in the booting process of the Shake. Could I please ask you to download the logs from the Shake and send them here? If needed, instructions on how to do so can be found here: Please read before posting!

Thank you!

Thank you for that. I’ve done some more digging. At the top, it says “BOOTING” and it’s been like that for 24 hours now. The blue light on the top board is on constantly. I think what I’m going to do is take it back to the UK when we return at the weekend where I’ll have more time to play.

2 Likes

Hello OldJake,

The constant blue light is good news, as it indicates that the Shake board is being powered up. However, the continuous BOOTING status may point to possible corrupted files inside the microSD card that could be hampering the booting process itself (a quick re-burn should solve this: microSD card topics) or insufficient power supply that is not allowing the Shake to start up properly.

For anything else, I remain available.

1 Like