Data Producer and Data Consumer was switcht off

I have a problem with my Raspberry Shake. After 30 days of up-time the Data Producer and Data Consumer was switch off . The connection to the server is on. Why?
Shake Model: RS1D
Version 0.20
Raspberry Pi Model: Zero W
Connection WiFi
Regards
Herbert

1 Like

Hello Herbert, welcome to our community!

Thank you for contacting us about this issue.

Could you please download and post the logs from your Shake, so that I can take a more in-depth look? Instructions on how to do so are here: Please read before posting!

Thank you.

enclosed I will send you the log files

Regards

Herbert
RSH.RCE1C.2022-07-04T11_50_39.logs.tar (3.2 MB)

1 Like

Hello Herbert,

Thank you for the logs. From them, everything appears clean and working as it should, so it must have been a momentary lack of connection that caused the Data Producer and Data Consumer to appear OFF.

In any case, when you see these, usually a Shake reboot solves the issue. Your Shake is currently connected and live-streaming data to our servers, so all appears all right.

Hello, I have the same Herbert’s problem, data production of some of my raspberry shake boards is off despite they were working fine the first time I tested them, , but rebooting again and again the boards didn’t solve the problem at all
 I upload the logs of one raspberry shake not working. Could you please help me to detect and solve the problem?RSH.R886C.2023-01-10T11_13_09.logs.tar (153 KB)

hello pranick67,

looking at the log files, specifically postboot.log, it seems that the Pi computer is not connected to the Shake board, (-or- the Shake board is not delivering data to the Pi computer), and so the system is unable to proceed with the boot-up procedure.

please verify:

1. Pi computer is properly seated to the Shake board
  2. geophone is properly connected to Shake board
  3. all connections are clean and dry
  4. Shake board LED is lit when the unit is powered ON

hope this helps, let us know what happens,
richard

1 Like

Hello ivor,

thanks for your reply. The PI computer and the shake board were assembled by the local distributor who sold us the system, so we never opened the enclosure, and actually the connections at first sight seem ok, so unfortunately I have no idea of how to solve the problem, the only thing I can do is reboot, disconnect the board from the power supply, then reconnect and restart, I see that actually the red LED of the shake board is off, or sometime it’s flashing for a second, so it’s not sampling signal

Hi All,

I have encountered the same issue: the data producer is turned off in my Raspberry Shake sensor. I cannot get any data using a Python script. The following is the python script I am trying to run within the sensor to print the data. I have attached the log along with this query. Any helps would be much appreciated.

import socket as s
with open(‘/opt/settings/sys/ip.txt’, ‘r’) as file:
host = file.read().strip()

port = 8888 # Port to bind to
sock = s.socket(s.AF_INET, s.SOCK_DGRAM | s.SO_REUSEADDR)
sock.bind((“”, port))
print(“Waiting for data on Port:”, port)
while 1: # loop forever
data, addr = sock.recvfrom(1024) # wait to receive data
print(data)
Unconfirmed 725990.crdownload (4.5 MB)

Hello chanthuj,

Could I please ask you to download the logs again and repost them? The ones that have been attached appear to be partial and/or corrupted, so I was not able to open them.

Thank you!

Hi Storm,

Thanks for the prompt response. Please find the attached log.

Regards,
Chanthujan
RSH.R8FD3.2024-04-08T01_15_15.logs.tar (3.7 MB)

1 Like

Hello again,

You’re welcome! Thank you for the logs that you have provided. While the Shake booting process proceeds without issues, there are indeed some errors in them, an example below:

2024 095 21:29:17>>	AQÂșERa?aoÐe?ASÒ?E!?U
2024 095 21:29:17>>	5SDBQ!UBQ?FIà??ÔEUHE

As you can see, errors are mixed with some ‘gibberish’ that cannot be successfully interpreted (that could be causing the issues you are seeing). My first thought would be to check and see if the current power supply you are using is continuing to deliver a stable voltage between 5.0 and 5.2V and a current of at least 2.5A at all times, as a decrease in power could lead to data services interruption. If the data interruptions continue to happen, and if you have another Pi power supply that you know is in working condition, please try to exchange the current one with that, and see if the Shake now properly works for longer periods.

A second check that you can do is to see if all the connections between the sensor, the blue Shake board, and the Pi board are still solid and free from dirt or any other element that could compromise transmission. As usual, if you decide to disassemble the Shake when doing this, please make sure you are using proper ESD (ElectroStatic Discharge) protection (such as gloves, etc.), as electronics do not like static electricity too much.

As a last resort, and if all these checks come out as positive, then I would recommend re-burning the microSD card again (or using a different microSD) after formatting and erasing all its data/partitions first (you can use DISKPART for this as it is very efficient), and see how the Shake behaves with the newly installed system, removing potential issues derived from corrupted files. I will leave the burning instructions link here for your convenience: microSD card topics

Thank you for your collaboration.

1 Like