Wrong location in EQ Locator

Hello!

We recently moved Raspberry Shake (AM.R4E8C) from one location to another. It updated its location in Station View, but it is still stuck at the previous location in EQ Locator. We didn’t have any problems with other instruments.

https://stationview.raspberryshake.org/#/?lat=45.85586&lon=15.45972&zoom=7.000&net=AM&sta=R4E8C

I tried changing the location and setting it back again without any luck.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Gregor

I would again kindly ask anyone for a help with this problem.

hello,

we are looking into it and hope to get it solved within the next couple of days.

apologies for the delay and inconvenience.

thanks for your patience,
richard

2 Likes

hello gregor,

is this still a problem for you? when i look at the current coordinates, this is what i see:

#Network|Station|Latitude|Longitude|Elevation|StartTime              |EndTime
AM      |R4E8C  |45.8558 | 15.4597 |153.0    |2023-01-03T09:36:54.773|

remember: the coordinates are slightly off from what you register with the Shake itself, in order to obfuscate the exact location.

the previous location record had an elevation of 253. does your current configuration specify 153 as shown above?

thanks,
richard

1 Like

Dear Richard,

On the 3rd of January I randomly changed the coordinates to see if this would mitigate the problem, but it didn’t help. This is why there is an elevation of 253 m in the log.

I am aware of a slight offset in the coordinates. This is a different issue though. Our instrument in still show at previous location (central Slovenia) in EQ Locator, whereas StationView shows the correct one (45.8631° LAT, 15.4625° LON, 153 m, eastern Slovenia). Taking the offset into account, the coordinates you see are therefore correct.

If the problem persists, we will have to replace the instrument with another one before the presentation at the school where this instrument is installed and try to solve this problem later otherwise the EQ Locator will compute wrong location during the demonstration.

Do you think flashing the instrument would help? Do you have access to the log files? If not, I can send you the files.

Best regards,
Gregor

1 Like

hi gregor,

thanks for the details, i understand now where the source of the problem may lie. i should have more news for you on tuesday, hopefully a message of “solved!”.

no need to re-flash the Shake-OS, this is a server-side issue, i’m quite convinced.

cheers,
richard

1 Like

hi gregor,

the fix will be installed on thursday after some last bit of testing. thank you for your patience.

cheers,
richard

1 Like

hello gregor,

the issue is resolved, the station in question now appears in the same location as on stationview, and should you change its location again, will be properly updated as well in the locator APP.

thanks for your patience, and apologies for the delayed solution.

warm regards,
richard

2 Likes

Perfect. Thank you very much for all your effort.

2 Likes