Will modifications to Shake 3D housing affect its calibration?

I have ordered a DIY Shake 3D in the clear plastic housing and I am deciding how to deploy it. My intent is to devise an external housing (to reduce ambient acoustic noise and temperature fluctuations) without burying the entire assembly. My question is whether or not additions to the clear plastic housing itself will affect the calibration of the sensors. There is a plastic base plate connecting the 3 geophones to the kinematic support points. I would expect that this plate has its own vibrational characteristics that would affect the transfer of low frequency platform modes to the geophones. Are the base modes at a sufficiently high frequency that they can be ignored? Is the calibration of the outdoor housing (which I expect is much stiffer) essentially the same as that for the standard indoor housing? I am reluctant to add weights and damping materials to the housing without the benefit of a lot more experience than I have at the moment (i.e. zero). Thanks.

Hello tenthwave, welcome to our community!

This is a very interesting question, that could be useful to other DIYers too!

I have passed it to our hardware team, and I will get back to you as soon as I get an answer from them. Thanks for your patience!

Good day @tenthwave

Yes, the instrument response is the same.

Due to the Raspberry Shake’s frequency range, it would also not result in any noticeable improvements.

Branden