Web interface incorrectly editing dhcpcd.conf?


When I set my static IP address through the web interface, it didn’t go very well. It tended to write multiple lines to /etc/dhcpcd.conf without removing old entries. So if you ever have a bad entry in it, it becomes unable to connect to the internet and unfixable. I had to ssh into my device to fix it. I set my dhcpcd.conf to the following lines, deleted the old entries, and restarted the ethernet network interface and that worked.

interface eth0
static domain_name_servers=
static ip_address=
static routers=

Here is the command to restart the network interface without rebooting.

sudo ifdown eth0; sudo ifup eth0

Obviously other people will need to use a different static IP address than what I used, but at least you get the idea of what I did. I’m just using the Google DNS servers, since the system seems to be pinging www.google.com with a curl command.

The web interface seems to have a hard time picking up the current network configuration, but at least my Server Connection status says that it’s connected now. What’s the best way to report this issue?

I experience the same issue. Have you heard from anyone concerning a fix?

The instructions that I provided was the only way that I fixed it.

Hello quackybit, BlackDiamond,

We are currently looking into this and what causes we can address in order to solve this. It is possible that some reworking will be needed, but we will release updates as soon as we can.

Thank you, I am looking forward seeing some fix. Just to mention, apart from the incorrect behaviour editing the .conf file there is also the issue of not displaying the correct data on the UX. Meaning, once I have corrected the errors in the file and reboot, the UX still shows as if there would not be a static address defined. I suggest to verify that behaviour too once the parsing is fixed. Furthermore, each reboot enables “at least on the UX” WIFI. Not sure if that is indended.

1 Like