Wandering Traces in RBoom Helicorders

What causes some Raspberry Boom channels to appear like this?

It’s not a new issue, but I’ve noticed it on a few Booms when viewing through Data View. I haven’t noticed it on mine (R21C0) but this one (R571C) is often like this. Being the closest RSnB to mine I like to try to compare from time to time, but these wandering traces make it hard.

Al.

2 Likes

Hello sheeny,

Thank you for pointing this out! From a certain point of view, it’s quite a beautiful piece of abstract art… from another, there is something that we need to look at.

I have passed this to our team so that they can check if 1) it is related to the server issues we have been experiencing and 2) what we can do to fix it.

Thank you again.

2 Likes

G’Day Stormchaser,

Like I said it’s not a new issue, so I doubt it has anything to do with the current server issues. I’ve seen this on and off for a couple of years on different HDF channels and only on HDF channels, so I doubt it’s a Data View issue.

I was thinking perhaps it is a kink or blockage in the HDF sensor tube or something like that? But then… the scale to get so far from mean! So I don’t really know… ;o)

It’s a low priority issue IMO. Just thought I’d bring to attention while it’s fresh in my mind.

Al.

2 Likes