Unusual pattern

Please see the attached gif. I live in a very quiet residential area and noticed this strange pattern. I assume this must be man made, any suggestions what this could be ? Thanks
Ruud van der Pluijm

Hello Ruud van der Pluijm,

That is indeed quite the peculiar pattern. A question for you, is your Shake connected to the network via LAN or WiFi, or is it located very close to a WiFi transmitter?

Could you also provide the logs from your Shake? Instructions on how to get them are here: Please read before posting!

Thank you.

HI,

Thanks for getting back to me. The log file is attached.

My Shake is connected through WiFi and has been running without problems for a few years. I also run a Boom with WiFi on the same home network which does not show that peculiar pattern. But the Boom is located in another room of my house.

The Shake is not close to the WiFi transmitter and nothing was changed in the last few weeks. I live in a residential area not far from the sea.

Thanks again for taking the time to look into this event.

Best regards,

Ruud van der Pluijm

ruudvdp@gmail.com

Phone +1 345 947-9956

RSH.R667B.2021-06-30T20_06_25.logs.tar (3.35 MB)

Great to hear from you @ruudvdp ! Yes, I can confirm that these are definitely spikes generated by the interaction of the RPi’s onboard wifi with the Shake board’s analog circuit. It is not surprising to me that you had not recognized them until now, as we have observed that they can be transient and unpredictable.

We strongly recommend not using the onboard Wifi. Ethernet or an external wifi adapter would be best to safe guard your Shakes against these spikes.

branden

1 Like