SWARM not working

The Live Data Issues says that SWARM is up, but the server at caps.raspberryshakedata.com does not appear to be working. Has the address changed?

Hello TideMan,

Thank you for the notification. I’ve asked our team about this. In the meantime, you can use the FDSN alternative below, which will give you access to the same data caps.raspberryshakedata.com provided:

Here’s a nice event one of your instruments got yesterday UTC evening:

I’ll add the complete procedure for any reader who might not be familiar with SWARM:

1. Open the Data Chooser window from the Window menu
  2. Create a new Data Source by clicking on the relative icon
  3. In the new window that appears, assign it a name as usual, and then go to the FDSN WS tab
  4. In this tab, please insert the following:

Dataselect URL https://data.raspberryshake.org/fdsnws/dataselect/1/query
Station URL https://data.raspberryshake.org/fdsnws/station/1/query

1. If not already selected, select Need Update from the dropdown menu, and then click on the Update button.

It may take a while, but after the process is complete, you can search through the list for your Shake/Channel combo, and you should be able to then display it.

This gives me access to all the stations in the network, but when I click on one, the wee wheel in the top right corner of the window goes round and round, then it says no helicorder data found.

Hello TideMan,

Can you write down the Shakes you have tried? If you don’t want to share them publicly, you can send me a private message.

I checked again this morning from a different computer for random Shakes (R0ECF, R5768, and RBB9C), and, albeit with a slow loading time, I was able to get data from them via SWARM.

I’m sure you also noticed that SWARM sometimes duplicates Shake entries in the list (we are not sure why). Usually, one of them doesn’t work, while the other shows data. If that was your case, and you haven’t already done it, please check both entries to see which one of them shows data in the helicorder.

Another update.

We have fixed the previous server access at caps.raspberryshakedata.com, on Winston Wave Server port 16022.

You should now be able to open the same list as you were doing before this server issue.

We will make a proper announcement later, but you will be able to access the same list by using the following connection parameters:

Host: data.raspberryshake.org
Port: 16022

If there is anything else, just let us know. And thank you again for your notification about this.

1 Like

YES!!
It works!
Thanks for your help, Stormchaser

3 Likes

Great to hear that TideMan!

Happy to help!