Station view web app event list stuck

The StationView web app event list just stopped working for me.

It worked OK searching to one event, then when I tried to look for another, this is all it would display:

The page numbers change with the page number controls but the data doesn’t change.

I have deleted all the cookies and restarted, but no improvement.

Al.

1 Like

FYI it’s working again. Just left it for a couple of hours…

Al.

1 Like

Hmmm. I looked up one quake, OK. Looked for a second and the same thing has happened again.

Al.

1 Like

Hello sheeny, as usual, thank you for your feedback!

I have tried replicating the issue on Firefox and Chrome on my PC, but the list appears to work fine. I’ve also tried to click on different quakes on different pages to be sure.

Could you please try your computer again and see if the problem is still there?

Just checked and could not get the fault to appear.

I was sorting the list by decreasing magnitude when the fault occurred, but would not repeat now.

Al.

1 Like

Thank you all the same for checking again.

If the problem pops out another time in the future, we have a precedent set, and we can make some cross-references.

OK, it’s happened again.

Event list appears as below. Arrowheads appear in magnitude column header when I try to sort by magnitude but nothing changes. Page numbers at the bottom change when trying the page up/down/start end buttons but nothing changes in the list.

Al.

It looks like a data issue:

This is page 2 of the list. Same as the last entry in the screen shot above. If I don’t sort by anything, the page buttons work to move past this.

As soon as I sort a column - it’s stuck.

Al.

1 Like

Hello sheeny,

Ah! It seems that this bug is striking again!

Could I ask you with what browser are you operating? I tried to make the bug appear again on Chrome, both normal and incognito, but everything seems to be fine on my side. Are you using Chrome as well, or another browser?

Could you also write down the version of the browser you are using? This info can be found, normally, in the About section of the various browser’s menus.

Thank you.

Firefox 103.0.2 (64 bit) is what I’m using.

Just tried it in Chrome Version 104.0.5112.82 (Official Build) (64-bit) and found the same anomaly in the data (below) but it doesn’t affect the operation of the sort buttons.

1 Like

Well here we go again…

Just checked and all is working fine again on the Event list.

I found the event that doesn’t display correctly on page 15 (in date order) and that doesn’t seem to affect it, so maybe I was wrong assuming it was associated to the sorting problem.

Al.

2 Likes

Hello sheeny,

If these discrepancies continue to happen, but then appear to solve themselves, there is something somewhere that is not working properly. Difference in browser’s behavior is something that happens every now and then, but the list should work as intended.

I have opened a general ticket for our software team, and they will take care to monitor the situation (based on your helpful feedback) and see if there is something to be corrected.

It’s happened again. Same thing in both Firefox (104.0.02 64 bit) and Chrome (Version 105.0.5195.127 (Official Build) (64-bit)) - this time on my new laptop running windows 11. The event list is locked up on about 1/2 a page of data.

Al.

Ah! Thank you for the prompt notification Al, I can see this too on my updated Chrome.

I will go around and check things out to find what is causing the issue. Hopefully, it will be an easy bug to fix.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks. It all appears to be working OK today.

Al.

2 Likes

No list at all today. Firefox (104.0.02 64 bit), windows 11.

I’ll check Chrome.

Al.

Seems OK in Chrome.

Al.

This seems weird to me. Maybe it’s related…

There was no list working in Firefox. I opened Chrome and the list of quakes all seems to work normally, so selected an earthquake to get the data to process in Python. While I was closing windows to get back to the desktop to start Python I noticed the Earthquake I selected in Chrome was also appearing in the Firefox window.

Al.

The list is stuck again in Firefox. Sort keys or pages keys change but the list/data doesn’t.

Al.

1 Like

Stuck also in Chrome.

Al.

1 Like