Station online, Server Connection : Not Connected

Something funny happened to my network recently, but I got a new router and things seem to be working. My two devices, an R-Shake and an R-Boom have now been back online for more than 24 hours and apparently report data, the helicorder plots update, but they still report “Not Connected” to the remote server.
|Data Producer|:|ON|
|Data Consumer|:|ON|
|Off-line Mode|:|OFF|
|Data Forwarding|:|ON|
|Server Connection|:|Not Connected|
Uptime : 1 Days 5 Hours 6 Minutes

Another funny thing is that my router’s client list shows both devices claiming to be RS.LOCAL but I assume one of them should have switched to rs-2.local or some such.

RS.LOCAL 00-0E-C6-B4-79-D5
RS.LOCAL B8-27-EB-93-C9-3C

A log file from one of them is enclosed. (230.7 KB)

Hello jbeale,

Thank you for posting the logs of your Shake. From them, nothing appears out of place during the booting process, so we can be sure that the unit is operating as it should.

This is, however, out of place, as you correctly stated:

Station Info

Data-Sharing Mode : OFF
 Data Server Conn : OFF

Could you please reboot both Shakes again and then try the following procedure to see if it solves the connectivity issue?

Please access your rs.local/ page, go to Settings (the gear icon high on the left), and then the Data tab. Make sure that the Forward Data box is checked, and then click Save and Restart.

The station should now be able to connect again.

If it does, then this error is caused by a known bug that we are examining and that will (hopefully) be solved in the next Shake OS v0.20 release.

Thank you.

On both of these machines online /config pages, the “Data sharing settings: Forward data” checkbox shows as already checked. I had not changed that setting, and I had already rebooted them, and they had been forwarding data at some point previously, as I would expect your logs show ( AM.RC93C.00.HDF and AM.R79D5.00.EHZ ). However I will uncheck the box, re-check the box, save and restart, and see what happens.
Wow, ok, both of them almost immediately showed “Connected”. They are now apparently working Ok.

So that is interesting. Neither one has a static IP address. When I changed the router, they got new IP addresses on the LAN via DHCP. Apparently a simple reboot does not reset something that needs to be reset when it is streaming to the remote server, and the device LAN IP address changes.