Small outdoor vault

Yes sure, the pi is a model 3A+ as once in it’s sarcophagus only the GPIO and one USB will be required, and I had one spare :wink:

The 3A+ is preloved and some idiot used thermal epoxy to attach a heat sink thus the GPOI adapter to lift the UPS up clear of the heatsink.

The Geeekpi adapter also moves the AtoD board away and at rightangles to the pi and Juice4halt.

The reasoning behind the UPS is that here in rural France we get lots of ‘brownouts’ on the power not good for any IT. Once installed and backfilled the vault will have a covering of gravel didn’t want to have to dig it up to power clear. The j4h will run a script provided by them to halt the pi after a few seconds of power loss. To reboot all I have to do cycle the power to the outbuildings.

https://juice4halt.com/

2 Likes

Thank you very much for all the details strebor, I had never heard of a batteryless Micro-UPS for Raspberry Pi. There is always more to learn!

Hell yes, overwhelmingly so. Have you heard of Tiny Core Linux, runs in ram and dismounts the sd after boot somewhat like the overlay fs for raspian,
Just waiting for a 1.5m USB lead now and to fashion a housing for the wifi dongle, then I can bury my latest project in the garden :joy:
bonne chance Strebor

2 Likes

The IP67 class case is placed on it’s mounting threaded bar. Inverted wingnuts (butterfly nut) enable pre leveling.

1 Like

Awesome! Looks like an alien spine!

2 Likes