ShakeNet app maps

Hi everyone !
I have aproblem with the App
the maps do not appear, what should i do?

the phone is Huawei P30Lite

1 Like

Hello dimatzar, welcome to our community!

Thank you for reporting this, and also for the brand and model of your device.

Could you please try to clear the cache of the App and see if this solves the issue? You can do it by going to the general settings of the app in the low right corner and tapping Clear Cache.

You can also try to uninstall and reinstall the App, if you haven’t already.

Could you also please check the App version for me, please? You can see it by going to the general settings (gear icon in the low right corner) and then selecting About RaspberryShake and scrolling all the way down.

Thank you.

Hi! Thank you for your response
I did all the above but nothing happened
I still can’t see the maps
The version of the app is 1.3.16
I have the suspicion that is huawei’s problem

Hello dimatzar,

Thank you. I have the same suspicion too, since I cannot reproduce this issue on a Samsung.

Nonetheless, I will open a ticket for our app team, and they will be able to take a closer look. Hopefully, it will not take too long to solve.

Thank you very much for your time!!!
Maybe it’s time for mobile phone upgrade.

Στις Παρ, 15 Απρ 2022, 13:46 ο χρήστης Stormchaser via Raspberry Shake <no-replies@raspberryshake.org> έγραψε:

1 Like

No problem at all, you’re welcome!

Hopefully, it will be not required, and we will be able to solve it :slight_smile:

Just a random thought: Does the app use Google map data?
Google do not allow pre-loading of Google products on Huawei phones. I think there are ways to load these applications yourself…

Maybe is the Google and Huawei :thinking:
Thank you very much!

Hello, I have the same issue with a iPhone11.
Everything but the background maps.
Cheers Arie

You fixed it already wow amazing
Thank you so much… :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Hello dimatzar and Arie (welcome to our community!),

As you have already noticed, yes, the issue was fixed as soon as possible so that we could guarantee continued user satisfaction. Thanks to you in the first place for reporting this problem!

If any other reader is experiencing this blank map error, please update the ShakeNet App (both on Apple and Google Play stores) to the latest version (v1.3.17 onwards) so that the fix can correct it.

Thank you.