The new Shake OS v0.19 image has been released!
It is possible to find it here on our GitLab repository: raspberryShake-public / Raspshake Sd Img · GitLab
The instructions on how to install it on your Shake microSD card are in this file in the same repository: raspishake-microSD-card-software-Instructions.txt · main · raspberryShake-public / Raspshake Sd Img · GitLab
And, to conclude, this is the complete list of improvements and bug fixes that v0.19 will bring to all our users:
- Provide fallback DNS servers when DHCP-provided servers fail
- Identify serial port name (to Shake board) automatically instead of relying on Pi revision numbers. This fixes the problem when new Pi versions are released, but Shake-OS didn’t know about them yet.
- Non-essential services are disabled to tighten potential security holes, i.e, this disallows unneeded network connections
- Better WiFi management
- Better exception logging throughout the Shake-OS
- FE-config: better password management
- GPS clock management now handles the case when GPS clock lock is delayed after system boot-up.
- GPS: guarantee that ipv6 bindings are always turned off (since ipv6 is turned off at the OS leavel)
This release also includes many under-the-hood improvements and general maintenance modifications. As well, infrastructure modifications in anticipation of the next releases.