Server connexion issue

Dear Raspberryshake community!

I’m having issues with my connection to the server.

During my first tests, I had no problems and my RPYS connected to the server without any problem, it appeared on the world map, etc…

But after finalizing the installation of the RPYS (I made a clean stop, then unplugged the power and network cables just to make the final orientation and fix it to the ground), no more connection to the server. I rebooted the RPYS and my internet box several times. When I connect to the RPYS using ssh, I can ping addresses like 104.200.16.60 or 8.8.8.8 without any problem.

I have a fixed IP, but the problem is the same with a dynamic IP.

I’m attaching my log files.

Thanks in advance!

Fabrice

RSH.R9B38.2024-01-09T22_00_12.logs.tar (1.5 MB)

1 Like

Hello Fabrice, a warm welcome to our community!

Thank you for the logs you have attached to your message. The Shake performs nominally at start, booting up correctly, finding an internet connection, and trying to get data to our servers.

As you have surmised, therein lies the problem, as the Shake cannot establish a connection with the following errors:

Connection attempt #1 (raspberryshakedata.com:55556) failed with error code: No route to host
Connection request (raspberryshakedata.com:55555) failed with error code: Connection refused
Connection attempt #1 (raspberryshakedata.com:55556) failed with error code: Connection timed out

Could I please ask you to do the following checks? If you have already done some of them, just skip to the next one in line.

Could I please ask you to shut down both the Shake and your modem/router, start the modem/router again, wait for it to regain internet connection, turn on the Shake, and see if now the unit can connect?

Please also check that all cables are firmly inserted in their sockets, as sometimes this can be the cause of missing internet connectivity.

If you still don’t have connectivity, try plugging in the LAN Ethernet cable to another socket in the modem/router that you have, or also try to change the cable with another one that you have at home. You can easily test if everything works with another device, such as a laptop or home pc.

Finally, check the firewall settings of your modem/router to see if something software-side could be blocking the connection. You should be able to find everything in the administration panel of your modem/router. Check if, for some reason, the ports 55555, 55556, and 123 have been blocked by your modem/router after the first successful try.

If, after all these tests, the Shake still doesn’t connect, please wait for ~30 minutes, download the new logs and send them to me.

Thank you for your collaboration.