Server Connection : Not Connected (new shake)

Hi Tech Support,
I’m having trouble getting my new RJAM to connect with your server. My initial card image was not able to connect and I have since tried another with no success. I did read a similar post response from Richard regarding a firmware version being rejected and wondered if this was the problem. This RJAM is a V5-4.10 which is an update from my other one. I have attached the logs for your consideration.
Thanks
Peter

RSH.RDDF8.2020-07-08T11_22_47.logs.tar (398 KB)
Sorry, the logs are attached here, Peter

Hi Peter, our apologies for the delayed response. The logs you posted tell an interesting but incomplete story. It appears as if the Shake makes a successful connection to the server whenever you reboot, but the metadata gets rejected due to a format error, and your station gets blacklisted. Have you done anything in the backend that would have modified the metadata?

Hi Ian,
Thanks for the reply. I only setup the machine with a static ip address, using
$ sudo nano /etc/dhcpcd.conf as detailed in the manual.

Perhaps I should I try yet another card image and give it another go and leave dhcp to do it’s thing.
At the time, my other RJAM was using Seedlink to send data to another server, which required me to set up a DynDNS with No-IP.com on my router. This allows the server to request the Seedlink data on port 18000. Could this be the cause of the problem? The proxy is currently been disabled, just in case.

Thanks
Peter

hi there,

no need to try a different image, that’s not the problem. rather, your unit is a recent version of the firmware that the server doesn’t know about it yet. i will be resolving this in short order.

please sit tight, i will inform you again when this has been addressed.

apologies for the delay,
richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply. No problem waiting for a while for the firmware patch or whatever it is, I’m just glad I hadn’t broken something unwittingly. Do I get a certificate or something for being Blacklisted?

Regards

Peter

1 Like

hi peter,

thanks for your patience. the necessary server-side update has happened now and your unit should be able to connect successfully. please reboot your unit to clear out any state of blacklistededness… (and i will think about some kind of blacklisting reward system to set up.)

cheers, please let us know if you are still unsuccessful in getting connected.

richard

Hi Richard,

Success at last, thanks for your assistance. Is the notion of blacklisting politically correct these days?
You might need to send Ian into a corner for a while, to reflect on his choice of words.

Thanks again.

Peter

2 Likes

hi peter,

glad to hear it, thanks for your patience.

and that term was chosen by me, not knowing its origin. turns out it comes from 1639 england having nothing to do with racial undertones. regardless, i will find a better way to describe the temporary rejection, thanks for pointing that out.

cheers, have fun,
richard

Have been off line for about 4 days, I don’t know why. Power is on, I see a red and blue LED light on the board, but no yellow light on the board or cable connection. I use a “ WiFi bridge from the garage to the router, all was working fine till a few days ago. I have tried unplugging the shake several times, as well as the “bridge” to no avail router appears normal at this time. Anybody have any ideas for me?