Server Connection issues after reboot

After rebooting my shake because of some internet issues my end, the connection to the raspberry shake server hasn’t been connected. The shake is forwarding data and I can access the shake on my local network and visualise waveforms in swarm.
I’ve attached the log files for my station, RBC16. Any help is greatly appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face:

RSH.RBC16.2020-06-25T19_29_21.logs.tar (1.2 MB)

hi,

log files indicate the network issues have not resolved. connection to the network is being reported as failed in postboot.log, and NTP services are also unable to start, which prevents data-forwarding when connected successfully to the network anyway.

try rebooting again, check the /opt/log/postboot.log file for network connection success, and when still failing contact your ISP, either something is going on with your router, or farther up-stream on their end.

hope this helps,

richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for getting back to me. I attempted a reboot and it didn’t work. I’ll keep rooting around when I have a little bit more time on my hands and see if I can find what’s causing the issue.

Thank for your help,
Alex

@ivor I solved the problem by wiping and reinstalling the raspishake os. Not the best/ideal option, but I’m now connected back to the server and it appears to be operating normally.

I think the problem stemed from a change in IP address during the reboot and that potentially caused a security issue with the NTP server, but I’m merelly speculating and could be wrong.
Attempting to rectify this lead to some issues on my part and eventually me being unable to access the shake remotely :cry: . Hence, the os wipe and reinstall.

Thanks for your advice, and helping me understand the problem.
Alex

1 Like