Seedlink Delayed

Hi,

I am running a number of RS through our School Outreach program. One of these instruments seems to always have a number of hour delay in the seedlink data. The clock appears to be set correctly, yet running “slinktool -Q localhost” on the RS shows the seedlink data being 1.5 to ~4hrs delayed. I am curious what logs would be best to examine to try to sort this out.

Having done some reading, I saw in another thread a seedlink issue and there was discussion about power being an issue. There, @branden had suggested looking at the voltage (that unit was powered by a battery pack, mine is plugged into AC). However, I notice that in /var/log/syslog*, I have quite a few messages “Under-voltage detected! (0x00050005)” followed by a “Voltage Normalized” message.

I’ll start by fixing the power supply, but any other thoughts if this isn’t the case (I’ll simply replace the power supply, hopefully in the next couple of days).

Andrew

Hello gscShake, and welcome back to the community!

With both the presence of data delay and that message in the logs regarding undervoltage, yes, I would firstly try to address the issue with a new power supply that is able to deliver a stable voltage between 5.0 and 5.2V and a current of at least 2.5A at all times. A decrease in power could lead to what you are seeing, so a new PS should manage to fix it.

Could you please also download the entire log set (via rs.local/ Please read before posting!) or by downloading the entire content of the opt/log folder, zipping it, and sending it to me here?

Thank you.