SD card corrupted remote fixing

Gentleman:
I have a station working in La Cumbre-Colombia for several years (R39DB).
It seem the SD card is now corrupted. I would like to burn another card and send it to Colombia. I live in Arizona so I can’t do it over there in person.
Do you have a tutorial on how to do it? Or point me to the right software download.

Gracias

Alejandro

1 Like

Hello Alejandro, and welcome back to the community.

It’s great to hear the your Shake has been operating for years! We I’ll get it back on track with a freshly formatted microSD in no time.

You can follow the instructions listed below to burn a new card:

For anything else, I remain available.

Thank you for the quick response. I will follow the instruction and send it to Colombia.

2 Likes

No problem at all, happy to help!

Hello:
I have an SD card with the shake OS by following your instructions…
My shake is in Colombia so I don’t have access to the box in Phoenix.
Could I use another raspberry pi (without the shake board) here and boot it with the new SD and customized it with the Wi-Fi (supplicant.conf) and/or insert the old station name or the name is grab from the box?

Regards

Alejandro

1 Like

Hello Alejandro,

You can customize the WiFi connection on your microSD card from another device so that the OS is ready for your Shake in Colombia. The fact that you use another device will not be a problem, as the OS, booting on the Colombia instrument, will automatically detect the Colombia Shake name and adjust accordingly.

Hello:
As it was impossible for people in Colombia to replace the corrupted SD card. I just received the shake backin Arizona, loaded a new card as you recommended, mounted the WIFI dongle and it is working perfectly.
But, here I go, in Colombia my shake was accessed fine using a DDNS like this http://lacumbre.homeip.net:26993/heli/ for the last five years by schools and others. I opened a port 26993 and linked it to the internal ip.
Try now to do the same but this time the shake refuses the connection. Using this http://micasita.homeip.net:2626. The port is open and link to its local ip.
I have a flightaware virtual radar on the same network and it works fine:
http://micasita.homeip.net:2525/ if you try it, you can connect. So it is not a firewall issue.

Is there a command to tell the shake to accept the connection or accept the port?

Regards

Alejandro
AM.R39DB.00.SHZ It is connect to the server.

2 Likes

Hello:

Well I find my error, the radar internal port is 8080 , which I was also using for the shake. It is not the shake internal port, it is 80. Changed to this and the link is now active. On the single port forwarding I have now External= 2626 and Internal= 80 for the shake local IP.

What a dummy me.

Thanks

Alejandro.

2 Likes

Hello Alejandro,

Thank you for the detailed explanation of how you configured your systems (loving the SkyAware setup too! I have something similar with FR24). Also happy to hear that the new microSD is working fine!

Testing both last two addresses you attached (:2526 and :2525), I can access both without issues, seeing the RaspberryShake config page in the first, and the SkyAware display in the second.

I wanted to reply asking you to do another check on port forwarding but you anticipated me. In any case, happy to see that everything is working fine with your system now.

If you require anything else, I remain available.