RS3D outdoor can't startup, just only red light blinks

Hi, my first post to find any support. I bought a RS3D-outdoor few weeks ago, and worked well before. But someday it couldn’t startup and just only have the red light blinking after plugging the power cable. Because of that, I don’t have any ways to log in rs.local and ssh, so I can’t check any possible bugs in the system. Do you have any idea about that? How can I fix it ? Thanks for any responses.

1 Like

Hello raychu, and welcome to our community!

From your description of the red blinking light, it appears that the Pi board under the blue Shake board is not receiving enough power to boot up and run the Shake properly. Or the Pi board has developed some problems. Has this happened from one day to another, or has it started to happen more and more frequently in recent days/weeks, like a gradual process?

Thus, I would recommend checking if your power supply is constantly providing what is required (between 5.0V and 5.2V, and at least 2.5A) for the Shake to operate. As your Shake is the outdoor model, I don’t think you have a readily available power supply substitute for testing, so I can advise the following: send an email to support [at] raspberryshake [dot] org linking this topic and you can choose

1. for us to ship you a new power supply; or
  2. for you to send your Shake back to our lab to be checked, as it is still in its guarantee.

Option 1) should solve the issues you have highlighted with your new RS3D, or, if not, provide us with more operational time to further our troubleshooting. Option 2) would require a bit more time without your Shake in case more is to be fixed.

We apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing and thank you for your collaboration.