RS device data problem and swarm connection problem

Hi,
My Swarm (v3.2.0 on win10 64bit) couldn’t connect to my rs4D device (RD3C0), I was directly connected to the seedlink service via LAN (192.168.3.101:18000), but strangely couldn’t connect.
During my many attempts, I was sometimes able to connect to my device via the LAN, but it didn’t turn on when displaying the live waveform and history, and the waveform only showed a small piece of content.
But connecting to my device via the FRP-mapped link has no problem.

Detailed process description:
Originally, the rs device operated normally. I turned on the frp to map my seedlink service in the early morning of this morning (around 2024/02/12 02:40 Beijing time). There was no problem with the device at first, but this morning (around 10:00) RS began to make errors, which showed that no data was recorded. When I looked at the historical images I found what appeared to be incorrect recorded data. The issue did not resolve after I restarted the device several times and turned off the frp service.

Here is the screenshot of swarm:

Here is the Helicorder image generated by RS:
helicorder1.zip (423.9 KB)

Here is the log:
RSH.RD3C0.2024-02-12T07-33-07.logs.tar (3.9 MB)

Hello CatsYezuan, and welcome back to the community.

Thank you for the detailed explanation of the situation and the logs that you have provided. There are indeed some errors in them, an example below:

2024 043 07:31:11>>	bêè
2024 043 07:31:11>>	ebµ+ªµ??õ)@mZØ??º`??Jé?R?@mZæ??úmZÖ??º`PÕ)@mb??@mb?(ªµ??;

As you can see, errors are mixed with some ‘gibberish’ that cannot be successfully interpreted (that could be causing the issues you are seeing). My first thought would be to check and see if the current power supply you are using is continuing to deliver a stable voltage between 5.0 and 5.2V and a current of at least 2.5A at all times, as a decrease in power could lead to data services interruption. If the data interruptions continue to happen, and if you have another Pi power supply that you know is in working condition, please try to exchange the current one with that, and see if the Shake now properly works for longer periods.

A second check that you can do is to see if all the connections between the sensor, the blue Shake board, and the Pi board are still solid and free from dirt or any other element that could compromise transmission. As usual, if you decide to disassemble the Shake when doing this, please make sure you are using proper ESD (ElectroStatic Discharge) protection (such as gloves, etc.), as electronics do not like static electricity too much.

As a last resort, and if all these checks come out as positive, then I would recommend re-burning the microSD card again (or using a different microSD) after formatting and erasing all its data/partitions first (you can use DISKPART for this as it is very efficient), and see how the Shake behaves with the newly installed system, removing potential issues derived from corrupted files. I will leave the burning instructions link here for your convenience: microSD card topics

Regarding accessing the data via LAN, it is possible that you will get a good connection via Winston Wave Server, I’ll leave the step-by-step process below:

you can access the data from the various Shakes by setting up a Winston Wave Server for each one in this way:

1. Open the Data Chooser window from the Window menu
  2. Create a new Data Source by clicking on the relative icon (the first)
  3. In the new window that appears, assign it a name (the Shake ID, for example), and then go to the Winston Wave Server tab
  4. In this tab, please insert the following:
  • IP Address: the IP of the Shake
  • Port: 16032
  • Timeout: you can leave 15.0 seconds. Also, leave the checkmark in the box below this field.
1 Like

Hello Stormchaser,
Thank you very much for your solution, by re-burning the sd card system, I have solved the problem!
Now my device can continue to function :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello CatsYezuan,

Happy to hear that and to have been of help!