What is the process to dissociate the Shake device from my account, and clear any data before handing over the device to someone else to own and use?
We have programmed our systems to give any user total control about their data. You can take these two steps to completely disassociate your Shake from your account.
Regarding the Shake itself, you (or the new user) can format and re-burn the microSD card, so that any data on it will be erased, and the Shake will start as a new unit, just in a different location with a different owner.
This is the procedure to do so:
- Please take the microSD card you have and format it before burning the new Shake OS image
- Make sure, when you format it, that the shown capacity is the maximum (i.e. if the SD card is 32GB like yours, then the capacity should be near or equal to that value). This is to check that no partitions have been involuntarily and erroneously created. They could be the cause of the error we see now
- Take care to format the SD card in a FAT32 File System (or exFAT if the SD card is 64GB or larger)
- Download the new Shake OS image from here: https://gitlab.com/raspberryShake-public/raspshake-sd-img/-/raw/main/raspishake-release.zip
- And follow the microSD burning instructions from here: raspishake-microSD-card-software-Instructions.txt · main · raspberryShake-public / Raspshake Sd Img · GitLab
I followed the numbered list points to burn the files on my SD cards, and I have not used Etcher or similar software.
This will be enough to disconnect that particular Shake from your account.
Regarding the data on our servers, if you log in into your ShakeNet account, please click on your round avatar high on the right, then select
User Settings, and scroll all the way down to the end of the page that loads.
Here, you can still download all the data that you have uploaded, with the dedicated button, or, if you want, you can choose to delete your entire account from our servers, with the red button at the end.
If you choose to do so, we will be sad to see you go, and just ask you to send us some feedback via email to see what and where we can improve to make our service to customers even better. Thank you.