'real-time wave/spectra' viewer on SWARM not working for remote access

When I try to view seismic data via helicorder, there are data present - as there would be on my LAN. However, when I launch either the real-time wave or its corresponding spectra viewer, a prompt declares there are no data present. Why is this occurring and what is a possible strategy to resolve this issue?

*See image below for context:

hello,

when connected to the Raspberry Shake data server, the data display is delayed by 30 minutes, so the realtime wave viewer is, in effect, not functional.

however, when Swarm is connected directly to your local Shake, there is no delay and the realtime wave viewer will work as expected.

cheers,
richard

1 Like

Any explanation why the data is 30 minutes late?

hello,

the 30-minute delay exists throughout the system, that is, regardless how you access the real-time data, e.g., through FDSNWS services, the data will be delayed 30 minutes. access to real-time data happens through a subscription.

as well, the current version of Swarm does not provide the login functionality necessary to manage this paid subscription service anyway. early 2021, however, we will be releasing a new web-based app that will provide this capability and this problem will be solved.

cheers,
richard

1 Like