Raspberry Shake System Status

My Raspberry Shake sometimes can’t work normally. Its System Status sometimes stop at “BOOTING”. How could I solve this problem?

Hello Yang-Rui-Jia,

Regarding your BOOTING status issue, my first thought would be to check and see if the current power supply you are using is continuing to deliver a stable voltage between 5.0 and 5.2V and a current of at least 2.5A at all times, as a decrease in power could lead to data services interruption and inability to boot properly. If you have another Pi power supply that you know is in working condition, please try to exchange the current one with that, and see if the Shake now properly boots/works for longer periods.

A permanent BOOTING status could also be caused by corruption in the microSD card files. For this, I would recommend re-burning the microSD card again (or using a different microSD) after formatting and erasing all its data/partitions first (you can use DISKPART for this as it is very efficient), and see how the Shake behaves with the newly installed system, removing potential issues derived from corrupted files. I will leave the burning instructions link here for your convenience: microSD card topics

Thank you for your collaboration.

If I want to re-burn the microSD card, do I use ‘raspishake-release.zip’ whether it is RS4D or RS3D?

1 Like

Yes, every model in our Raspberry Shake line uses the same raspishake-release.zip image, so you don’t have to worry about looking for the correct one.

You can download that and use it for your model.