Power Supply Specs

Hello folks. I’m looking to replace the power cord with a new one with the following specs: 5V/2.5A Power Supply Micro USB Charger Adapter

Will it be safe for my shake?

mc

1 Like

Hello mcesaire,

If you have a Raspberry Pi 3 board (if you are not sure, send me the logs from your Shake, and I can check it for you), those values should be OK. If you have a Raspberry Pi 4 board, you would require 5.1V/3.0A instead.

When you have exchanged the cord, if possible, check that it is delivering a stable voltage between 5.0 and 5.2V and a current of at least 2.5A at all times and you will be good to go.

If you start to see erratic behavior, data gaps, and Shake rebooting randomly, then the cord is unsuitable for our instrument, and you should change it with another verified one.

Well, I no longer have a power cord because it was “borrowed”. So I can’t get into the logs. But I purchased it in the summer of 2021.

1 Like

If the Raspberry Pi has the ether port to the left of the USB sockets and the power port is a micro USB, then it’s a Raspberry Pi 3. If it has the ether port to the right of the USB sockets and the power port is a USB C, then it is a Raspberry Pi 4.

3 Likes

Hello,

Right I have the power cord with the micro c adaptor on the C

mc

1 Like

Hello mcesaire,

Then, if you are using an adaptor from USB-C to micro-USB, you are using a Raspberry Pi 3 board.

That power cord you have written about should be fine. However, as per my previous message, if you start to see erratic behavior, data gaps, and Shake rebooting randomly, then the cord is unsuitable for our instrument, and you should change it with another verified one.

1 Like

Thank you guys very much!

mc

2 Likes