Not Connectet to Server

Hi There,

My Rshake has Problems connecting to the Server. In the beginning it did work perfectly.
Not any more. “No Connetion”

Even I can’t find the Station on your Map.

Logs are attached

Thanks!

RSH.R5A7A.2024-03-04T18_57_58.logs.tar (2.0 MB)

1 Like

Hello Zetorshake, and welcome to our community!

Thank you for posting the logs from your Shake. It appears that communications were all right up until the start of this month and then stopped.

Could I please ask you to:

1. shut down both Shake and your modem/router
  2. disconnect the Shake’s power and LAN cables
  3. start the modem/router again and wait for it to regain internet connection
  4. reconnect the Shake’s power and LAN cables (try the LAN cable to a different port on the modem/router)
  5. turn the Shake on again
  6. wait for two/three hours, download the new logs and send them here?

I would like to have freshly started Shake logs to compare with the logs you’ve just sent me.

Thank you!

Hallo Stormchaser,

ok, I have done that, here are the Fresh Logs

RSH.R5A7A.2024-03-05T15 47 53.logs.tar (2.1 MB)

1 Like

Hello Zetorshake,

Thank you for the new logs. They confirm what the first logs displayed as it appears that the instrument cannot find an internet connection, with these lines highlighting the issue:

2024 065 11:17:40: Unable to resolve hostname 'raspberryshake.net', most likely no DNS server available
2024 065 11:17:40: No internet connection found
2024 065 11:17:54: Unable to resolve hostname 'raspberryshake.net', most likely no DNS server available
Network Accessible : NO

As there are multiple set nameservers (gateways) in the Shake configuration, this seems a bit unusual, but it has happened before. I would recommend the following steps:

1. My first thought would be to check and see if the current power supply you are using is continuing to deliver a stable voltage between 5.0 and 5.2V and a current of at least 2.5A at all times, as a decrease in power could lead to data services interruption. If you have another Pi power supply that you know is in working condition, please try to exchange the current one with that, and see if the Shake now properly works for longer periods.

2. Try a different LAN cable (if you have one available) on all the modem/router ports, as this one may be the cause of the connectivity issue. Check that the cable is firmly inserted in the sockets.

3. Check the firewall settings of your modem/router to see if something software side could be blocking the connection. You should be able to find everything in the administration panel of your modem/router.

4. Also, it is possible that (some modem/router models do this) the ports necessary for the Shake to transmit data have been closed. You can check if the following ports Firewall issues? are closed, and reopen them if necessary.

5. As a last resort, and if all these checks come out as positive, then I would recommend re-burning the microSD card again (or using a different microSD) after formatting and erasing all its data/partitions first (you can use DISKPART for this as it is very efficient), and see how the Shake behaves with the newly installed system, removing potential issues derived from corrupted files. I will leave the burning instructions link here for your convenience: microSD card topics

Thank you.

Hi again,

thanks a lot for the support, we had to re-burn the image on the sd card.
It is now working well

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello Zetorshake,

Happy to hear that, and glad that your Shake is now back on!

You’re welcome!