Not able to download last 24hr of data (MSeed format)

Since July 26th 2022, I have been experiencing an issue with downloading the last 24hr of data (MSeed format) from not only Raspberry Shakes that I have set up, but other Shakes on the StationView as well. Clicking the download option sends me an error page as follows:

The Raspberry Shake that we have set up and are trying to receive the MSeed data from are AM.R36F4 and AM.R357C. AM.R36F4 is connected to a school network, and AM.R357C is connected to a home network. Both are connected by Ethernet connection.

I wanted to know if there may be a reason why I have started to get this error page, as I have been able to obtain data before using this method. Also, if there is a solution to this problem, it would be greatly appreciated if that could be shared.

P.S. I found that by using a different browser other than Chrome, I was able to download the MSeed data. However, it would still be greatly appreciated to know why Chrome no longer works for me.

Hello justjustinian, welcome to our community!

I tested this issue this morning in both normal and incognito mode with my Chrome browser updated to the latest version (Version 103.0.5060.134 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and the StationView appears to be working correctly as far as I can see.

I tested all the three stations that you have indicated and I managed to download the last 24h .mseed file without issues.

Can I please ask to check if the Chrome browser version that you are using is the same as mine, and, if not, to update it and retry the download?

There appears to be no issue with the three Shakes’ connection, as all continue to stream live data to our servers.

Thank you for the response and for checking each Shakes’ connection! My Chrome browser is updated to the latest build: Version 103.0.5060.134 (Official Build) (64-bit). Trying to download using Chrome still gives me an error page.

I am unsure if it may be an issue with cookies and cached data, but I will try to clear them and see if that may work. In the meantime, I do not mind using an alternate browser to download data.

1 Like

Hello again justjustinian,

Yes, it is possible that the cause could be related to cookies/local/cached data, so clearing everything could solve the issue.

If the problem persists please let us know, because yes, other browsers can be used, but if there is a fix we can apply, we will do it :wink:

Hi
I am trying to download "Last 24 Hour data (MSeed format)… displays error 413…
Please suggest… how to proceed… Its urgent please as this is installed near a dam where reports are submitted on daily basis.
Thanks

1 Like

Hello gaugeindia,

Thank you so much for reporting this to us. I’ve asked the team to work on it as soon as I saw your message, and now everything should be fine.

Could I please ask you to try again and see if the download works now?

Thank you for your patience.