No Events in StationView

I’ve had this happen a few times now over the last few days. Station view comes up with the stations but no events and no event list.

Running the latest update of Firefox (119.0 64 bit). I’ve tried clearing all the cookies, but didn’t seem to work… though events have returned eventually.

Al.

2 Likes

In the time it took me to write that post the events appeared in this case…

Al.

1 Like

Hello sheeny,

Thank you for the notification! Have you tried waiting for a bit to see if the events appear some time after the initial page load? It’s good that everything has returned to normal eventually, but if it happens again, please tell us so we can do more extensive checks.

G’Day Stormchaser,

Yes I think that’s what’s going on. I had an instance yesterday where the events were up but the stations took a while. i.e. All stations were black, then after a while one or two lit up with ground motion colours and then they all decided to play the game.

In the case of the events, they don’t show at all until they all appear at once.

Al.

1 Like

Good evening (almost night) to you sheeny,

I understand, thank you for the further details.

I will keep my StationView window open on a laptop throughout the weekend to see if I can see (or recreate) the same. As of now, not having seen it for myself, I can only advise what you have already done, that is, to try and clean again all cookies/temporary files that are associated with raspberryshake.org websites.

Hello again sheeny,

Has this happened again in the past week on your side?

I kept my StationView window open for some days, on and off, at random times or for prolonged periods, but I was unable to see what you described. The EQs on the map remained there during my tests.

1 Like

Yes it has. Something is slow. At times it might be 5 or 10 minutes before they appear, but most times it’s OK. On one occasion the events came up but the stations were slow, which I thought was weird because I would have thought the page was built in a sequence - probably stations before the events.

Likely it’s not a server issue at all I’d say. Could be a network issue.

Al.

1 Like

Hello sheeny,

Sometimes, when the stations are slow, it is possible that cached data is causing this delay. Doing CTRL+F5 (or Mac equivalent) should help in speeding up the process.

Onto the loading time, 5 to 10 minutes is quite the slow outlier indeed (it never happened during our tests by different colleagues in various locations of the world, and at this point, could be related to local network issues, or problems that your provider has to address.

Thank you all the same for your continued feedback!

1 Like

Thanks Stormchaser, I’ll try to remember the Ctrl F5 when it happens. Of course, it all loaded instantaneously this morning…

Al.

1 Like

Naturally, “it” knows we are watching.

1 Like