No Data has been received from the MCU ... This is a fatal condition

Hi!

I have a new RS1D (RBAF7). I get “gaps” in the signal. The following message appears permanently in the odf_SL_plugin.err log file:

No Data has been received from the MCU in 12 read attempts.It appears the MCU is not transmitting data. This is a fatal condition and should be investigated if this condition persists!
Data has been successfully received, fatal condition resolved.

What is the problem in this case? How can it be resolved?

Regards,

Hello ricardogabriel, and welcome back to the community.

That particular message indicates that there could be data communication issues between the various elements of the Shake (sensors/board/Pi). However, the second line (Data has been successfully received, fatal condition resolved.) also tells us that this condition appears to be transient.

Could I please ask you to shut down the Shake, disconnect both power and LAN cables, wait for around 10 minutes, reconnect all and turn on the Shake again? If this still appears, can you then wait for an hour or so, download the new logs and post the entire set here?

Thank you.

@Stormchaser thanks for your reply.

About the problem, the “gaps” have disappeared. The team is now recording well.
I really don’t know what happened, because I haven’t rebooted the system.

I will continue monitoring it and will notify you of any inconvenience. I will continue monitoring it and will notify you of any inconvenience. Could be?

2 Likes

That is great to know, Ricardo.

No problem at all. If needed, you know where to reach me.

1 Like