New StationView Bug?

Just trying out the new StationView app, and I’ve found the mobile app and the new StationView don’t agree.

The Relevance sort on the mobile app (I assume) sorts the events in order of relevance for the current station. It doesn’t appear to work that way in the new StationView. Here is a screenshot of the mobile app:

And here is a screen shot of the new StationView app:

The list of quakes do not agree. As you can see I have tried to select my station (R21C0) to make the relevance sort work, but it doesn’t seem to.

Al.

1 Like

It also appears the distance sort is based from the centre of the map rather than a selected station. To move a station to the centre of the map (in my case) means zooming in on the map which filters out many earthquakes not on the zoomed in map. If there’s a way around this I haven’t found it.

I presume the relevance sort also applied to the centre of the map perhaps?

Is it possible to make the distance and relevance sorts apply to a selected station?

Or better still, is there a way to turn off the map filtering so that the whole list of events can be viewed regardless of map zoom?

Thanks,

Al.

1 Like

Another bug/limitation:

Apart from the loopy “ray path” between shake and event, why are there two little quakes still showing? i.e. Alaska and northern end of South America?

Al.

1 Like

Thank you @sheeny. This is VERY helpful

1 Like

Another suggestion for the relevance and distance sorts… perhaps allow the user to drop a pointer rather than select a station? This would allow someone who is at a location without a shake to see a list of relevant quakes that perhaps they felt? Just a thought…

Al.

Thank you for all the valuable feedback sheeny! As Branden said, this is really helpful for us to improve the final product and provide an excellent service to everyone!

I have passed all your observations to our development team, and they will see what can be done about them.

1 Like