New RS3D - Set up issue

We are setting up a new RS3D; we can access the unit via rs.local and it looks like we have a Station ID: R03F7
Data Producer and Data Consumer are ON;
Stand Alone is OFF;
Data Forwarding is ON;
Server Connection is OFF

With the Server Connection OFF, we cannot SAVE and ReBoot; we get an Authentication Failure notice when we try. The unit is new; we have the Ethernet cable ported to our wifi router and there is no firewall. The green light is on and flashing on the unit. Suggestions? New Ethernet cable?

1 Like

Hello CompassRose, and welcome to our community!

Thank you for contacting us about this issue you are experiencing. Could you please download the logs from the Shake (you should be able to do so even with the current Server Connection OFF, and post them here? If needed, you can find instructions on how to do so on this page: Please read before posting!

They should help pinpoint where the probable connectivity issue is. Thank you!

RSH.R03F7.2023-06-14T15_18_31.logs.tar (2.3 MB)

Thank you for responding! The log file is attached.

CR

1 Like

Hello CompassRose,

Thank you for posting the logs from your Shake. From what I can see, the booting procedure proceeds smoothly, the Shake acquires an IP from your router, connects to a NTP time server, and starts all the required processes.

However, it appears that it cannot communicate with our server even after all this, so I would like to ask you to check if ports 55555 and 55556 are open on your router, and if not, to open them. As there are hundreds of different router models/makers, I cannot offer precise guidance, but you should be able to find how to do so from the router manual and/or from your router admin panel.

Those ports are essential to communicate with our data servers, so it is required for them to be open in TCP if any Shake wants to transmit data to us.