Network issues at R9E10

Hi,
I initially started with one RS4D, which I installed with no problems, worked right away.
I received from a friend and old Johnson-Matheson Model 6480, so I then purchased a RJam board (R3EA1) which I installed on a Raspberry Pie 3 model B+. That also worked right away, but it never connected to the server (station offline). When I used SWARM, I could see one or the other, but could not see them both at the same time. I then tried to get both of those Raspberry Pies to have static addresses, using the web interface of the Shake. That was probably a mistake, since after that nothing worked anymore. I could still access the Raspberry Shakes using SSH, but they would not connect to the server (neither of them) and could not access them through SWARM either. I then went into the /etc/dhcpcd.conf file and fixed the routing table manually. Now, I am back to square one, where they both work, but only R9E10 can connect to the server, not R3EA1; but now I can’t access to neither of them with SWARM. Also, even though R9E10 is connected to the server, it still shows that it is “offline”, so I can’t access its data with the phone app. By the way, I can ping the Raspberry Shake server with both units.
I will admit I am very new at this Raspberry thing, but I have worked with computers (Windows, Unix, Linux) for several decades.
Thanks,

Guy

Hello guy_ak,

Thank you for the explanation. Could you please attach the logs from the Shakes, so that we can try to see what’s going on in more detail?

In case you don’t know or don’t remember how to do it, they are downloadable from the Raspberry Shake’s web configuration page, accessible entering the rs.local (or the Shake IP) address in your browser, then by clicking on the “Download Logs” button.

Thank you.

Hi,

Here are the log files: RSH.R3EA1.2021-02-10T18 51 23.logs.tar (1.7 MB) RSH.R9E10.2021-02-10T18 49 23.logs.tar (3.6 MB)

Thanks,

Guy

Hello guy_ak,

Thank you for the logs from both Shakes. I don’t know if you worked more on them while here was nighttime, but now I can see both units streaming live on StationView, on the ShakeApp and on SWARM.

So, whatever was causing the issue was solved by you, or it solved itself with a bit of time!

Enjoy!

Hi,

It must have solved itself because I did not do anything today, which is a bit unsettling, because when things fix themselves, it usually means that it is not robust.
Although I also do see the data flowing, I still can’t reach the data stream with SWARM. It was working before, so I don’t know why it’s not working now. I gave it the correct IP addresses. Are those port number correct? Did not change it.
Thanks,

Guy