Logging without network access - data missing

HI Claudio:

What I see:

from postboot.log and postboot.log.old (where previous postboot.log messages are appended to - at the end of the file),

2019 198 05:22: You started the unit up to download the log files.
2019 192 14:19: The unit booted up without Internet
2019 199 14:57: You turned on the unit to download the log files again.

So this time the unit booted up when there was no Internet and the system clock time was 2019 192 14:19. So this data file has the waveforms from that time period: AM.R892F.00.SHZ.D.2019.192.

I would recommend:

Deleting all of the waveforms before redeploying. Then deploy. They download the waveforms for any days they are available post deployment. It is a bit messy, but that’s life without a time source! It is actually not a bad solution if you have no need for timing.

Enjoy!

Yours, branden

1 Like

hi branden

thank you so much for you’re help and advise. I ll do it just like you recommend. This should work fine for what I plan to do with the RS.

best, claudio

1 Like

hi branden

one more question arised though: how do I delete the waveforms?

I tried to do it through “cyberduck”, but it didnt let me delete the files, permission denied.

thx - claudio

Hi Claudio, Cyberduck and FileZilla won’t let you delete the data files because they’re owned by root, and you’re signed in as a non-root user (myshake). Neither of those programs are able to use the sudo command, which lets you do things as root. Because of this, the easiest way to delete them is probably from the command line.

Copy this command and paste it into a Terminal window (assuming you’re on a Mac and are on the same network as the Shake)

ssh myshake@rs.local 'sudo rm /opt/data/archive/2019/AM/R892F/SHZ.D/*'

You should just have to enter the myshake password and it’ll be done in under a second.

1 Like