Logging into App

Hello - I have a RS and log in to view its data via Google (the link provided at the login page). The problem is that by having done this from day #1, I have never recieved a link to activate my membership and can only log in via this method. Is there anyway I can change this way to log in as at the moment, I can’t log in to use the app as my email is not recognised and I’ve never set up a password?
Thanks, Matt

Hello Matt, welcome to the community!

I’ve forwarded your issue to our technical team, and I’ll get back to you as soon as I have news.

Hi Matt

ShakeNet currently doesn’t have the explicit functionality to create a password with a third-party account, this is somewhat of an oversight and will be addressed soon.

In the meantime however, there is a fairly easy workaround that should resolve your issue. On the ShakeNet login page, you have the ability to reset your password. If you do that with your currently registered e-mail, you will receive an e-mail with a link inside, and after following the steps to create a new password you should be able to login without using Google from now on.

If you experience any issues along the way, feel free to report them here and I will try to respond as fast as possible.

1 Like

Many thanks!! Workaround works perfectly!
Best wishes, Matt

2 Likes