Loaning Shake n Boom to a school

Dear RS Community,

I run Shake n Boom station R21AF, which I think is the only Shake n Boom in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Unfortunately, since moving to Australia a year ago, I cannot place my station anywhere that isn’t swamped by low frequency noise.

Because of this, I am planning on giving my Shake n boom on long-term loan to a local high school, so that it can be used for education.

Before I pass it over, can you please advise me as to actions I should take? Like software updates (its running 0.15)? Should I clear SD memory (and if so, how)? I have modified the password. Log file attached.

Any help, advice or links you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Mark Tingay

RSH.R21AF.2019-11-07T13_21_36.logs.tar (3.2 MB)

Hi Mark,

You shouldn’t need to do anything further except perhaps change the lat/long position on the data forwarding page to reflect those of its new home. Updates (like the one to v.16 that we will be releasing soon) are handled automatically over the air.

If you want to increase the longevity of the Shake it may be worthwhile to preemptively replace the SD card, but as far as I can see from the logs there doesn’t seem to be any corruption on the card right now.

If you’d like to do this, or simply give them a fresh install to work with on the current card, you can do so by following the instructions at https://gitlab.com/raspberryShake-public/raspShake-SD-img

Cheers
Ian

1 Like

@iannesbitt Thank you. I will see how it all goes!

2 Likes