Kernel panic

My two shakes aren’t working since april. Now when I boot this mesage appear: [ end kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x00000004

Hello JP1, and welcome to our community!

Is this error appearing on both Raspberry Shakes? Do you remember if this happened after a sudden power loss or a similar unexpected event?

From what you posted, it sounds like the software on the microSD card has become corrupted, so you will have to re-burn it to restore all the Shake functionalities.

You can find instructions on how to do so here in our manual: microSD card topics

If you need further guidance, or for anything else, I remain available.

Hi, actually is very common power loss here. Yes both shakes with that problem. I’ll try follow the instructuins to re-burn. Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Stormchaser,
I followed the intruction and now the message is little different: [end kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found. Try passing init= option to kernel . See Linux Documentation/admin-guide/init.rst for guidance.

1 Like

Hello JP1,

As the message appeared again, albeit slightly different, we have to try using a different microSD card, as this one may be corrupted or faulty (due to the power loss).

Please redo the burning process with a new microSD card and see if the Shake boots up correctly now.

Also, try the same with your second Shake to see if a standard re-burn solves the issue or if something else is required here. If even this doesn’t work, then the Raspberry Pi board may be faulty, but we’ll see what we can do when we get there.