Raspberry Shake, S.A., Panama is looking for a system administrator. We are a small innovative company (< 20 employees) making cutting edge IoT seismology-oriented instruments. The ideal candidate will thrive working in a dynamic and exciting environment, supporting the business remotely.
The qualified candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing all networks pertinent to the company, internal and cloud-based, including security, VPN’s, connectivity between networks and individual servers, router configuration, tunnels, port-forwarding, firewall configuration,
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network and application servers (dedicated hardware) , and virtualization (both VM’s and LXC containers); found on both private and cloud-based machines, including security access, etc.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes, both internal and client-facing
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Provide support for internal systems, hardware and software, and ensure that related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Provide internal support in the form of scripts and programming using python and other high-level programming languages
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
Operating systems we primarily use are various flavors of LINUX, including a few Windows-based machines (internal only).
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- System administration experience in Linux is mandatory. Experience with Microsoft, or other network related fields is a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent; LXC containers desirable
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- Fluent in English. All sysAdmin work will be done in support of native English speakers
100% remote work. No relocation requirement.
No formal education required.
Message us at info[at]raspberryshake.org to apply.