Is there a current problem with the FSDN server?

Tonight when ever I try to down load a waveform I’m getting this error message:

The Client I’m using is my usual:
rs = Client(‘https://data.raspberryshake.org/’)

Al.

Hello sheeny,

I’ve just tried with my code, and this error has not popped up. The client is the same as you have, so it’s a bit unusual.

Has this been happening all the times you tried or more randomly? You can verify the dataselect working here: Raspberry Shake FDSNWS - DataSelect URL Builder

Have you tried restarting your environment kernel and trying again?

G’Day Stormchaser,

No, nothing random about it. It happened every time.

It’s working this morning, so I guess that counts as restarting my environment kernel… ;o)

Al.

2 Likes

It did it again about lunchtime today. This was from a fresh start of Python.

I restarted Python and all OK.

Al.

2 Likes

Thanks for the further feedback Al!

Just as a suggestion, but it may be worth creating a new environment in your Anaconda setup and moving all your Python scripts there, then deleting the current one. I know it can be a pain having to reinstall all the modules you use, but I do it around two times a year to keep my environments clean and in top working shape.

Sometimes errors like these, when a single kernel restart fixes them, could be solved by a clean reinstall.

1 Like

OK. I’ll keep that in mind. It’s only recently been a new environment install…

Thanks,

Al.

2 Likes

This morning I’m getting “The current client does not have a station service.” errors.

At one stage I got an error saying the server didn’t have an FDSN service.

Is the problem server end, or my end?

Thanks.

Al.

All working again now… ;o)

Al.

1 Like

Yes, as of now (morning UTC) status is green across the board. Servers seem to have been working fine during the night, as I cannot see any critical errors.

As always, thanks for the feedback sheeny, keep us posted if it happens again.