Internet ok, but won't connect to server

This shake (R9C87) was previously online and working until I moved it to a new location (nearby). It seems to be working correctly internally (I can get charts etc) and connected to rs.local via Cat6 cable to home router, but reports “Server Connection: Not Connected” even after more than 24hr of operation. Does not appear on ShakeNet. Log files attached:

RSH.R9C97.2022-01-02T15_44_44.logs.tar.zip (174.0 KB)

Hello reg8, welcome to our community!

Thank you for the logs that you have provided. Nothing wrong appears to be present in them, and the Shake boots up as it should without issues.

Could you please reboot the Shake and then try the following procedure to see if it solves the connectivity issue?

Please access your rs.local/ page, go to Settings (the gear icon high on the left), and then the Data tab. Make sure that the Forward Data box is checked, and then click Save and Restart.

The station should now be able to connect again.

If it does, then this error is caused by a known bug that we are examining and that will (hopefully) be solved in the next Shake OS v0.20 release.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The box was already checked, but I unchecked it, then checked it again and hit restart. Now it reports as connected, great! I’ll give it some time to see if it appears on ShakeNet again.

Thanks!

Richard

2 Likes

Hello Richard,

That’s perfect, happy to hear that the Shake connects now!

It can take up to 24 hours for a new instrument to appear on our services, but usually it takes way less than that.

Enjoy!

It seems to be reporting data to the server now, but there are gaps. Internet here has been troublesome recently. I’ve noticed others have had the gap problem for various reasons. I don’t see the gaps in my internal charts, so it’s a communication or maybe timing problem. I’ll post a separate thread on that when I next get some time to troubleshoot.

Richard