Install a different PI in a Raspberry shake

Hi there,

I have a Shake Model RS1D
and i installed a Raspberry Pi Model 3 Model B+ in it.

Works great , i have put it in my basement.

Only because of a shortage on new PI’s , i want to use the
PI 3 which is now in my shake, for something else.

I now want to use a PI 2 with my shake.
I know that one is also compatible also with the the shake.

Only what is the correct procedure ?
Should i simply shutdown my shake, disconnect the power and Network cable,
and SD card,
replace the Pi 3 with a Pi 2 , put the SD card in it , and connect network cable, and power ?
Or do have to do it in another way ?

Regards

Hello warrior, and welcome to our community!

Yes, some of the Pi2s are well compatible with our Shakes. Just take care of checking if the Pi2 model you have is listed on this page, and if it is, you’re good to go: Technical Specifications — Instructions on Setting Up Your Raspberry Shake

The procedure you have listed is the correct one. Please shut down the Shake normally, then disconnect the power and LAN cables from it, and then proceed to disassemble it carefully, making sure you are using proper ESD (ElectroStatic Discharge) protection (such as gloves, etc.), as I’m sure you know electronics do not like static electricity too much.

Once disassembled it, please re-assemble the Shake with the new board, and if you need it, we have a new guide video here: DIY RS1D Assemble Guide

Also, pay attention to the fact that, as you will be changing the Pi board, the Shake name/code on our network/services will change too, as the two are associated: Raspberry Shake Station Naming Convention — Instructions on Setting Up Your Raspberry Shake

If you require anything else, I remain available.