Gaps in waveforms

Hey, this is Fu from Rice univ, recently test a 3-D raspberry shake in our lab, and after setting up everything I found some gaps in the waveforms, and don’t know the reasons. I guess it’s a network problem may be.

BTW, when I got the package, I found a type-c power wire in the package, but the port is type-a, so I just use one of my spare wires (maybe from a mouse charger).

RSH.R63C0.2023-06-06T21_29_47.logs.tar (2.6 MB)

2 Likes

This is a common issue… Probably caused by this:

I found a type-c power wire in the package, but the port is type-a, so I just use one of my spare wires (maybe from a mouse charger)

Check and see if the power is delivering a stable voltage between 5.0 and 5.2V and a current of at least 2.5A at all times, as a decrease in power could lead to data services interruption.

3 Likes

Hello Fuller, and welcome to our community!

Thank you for the logs. As also YacineB has mentioned, my first thought would be to check and see if the power supply is delivering a stable voltage between 5.0 and 5.2V and a current of at least 2.5A at all times, as a decrease in power could lead to data services interruption. If you have another Pi power supply that you know is in working condition, please try to exchange the current one with that, and see if the Shake now properly boots.

Most of the times this manages to solve the issue, but if not, we can see what we can do to address it.

There should have been a Type-C to Type-A converter in the package you received. It’s small, so it could still be inside it. If it wasn’t there, I can ask our office to send one to you.

1 Like

Thanks, I literally need a converter, will DM you!

2 Likes

No problem at all, let’s continue via DM.