Feature Request DataView Multi-Stream Display

Would it be possible to implement a Multi-Stream display showing 24-Hour Displays instead of Live Data Displays?
Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello jheiler,

That is an interesting proposal! I will open a ticket for our development team and see what they can do about it.

Thanks again for taking the time to write!

2 Likes

By 24 hour display I assume this means all the features of the normal 24 hour display i.e. to select a section for close up waveform/spectrogram/psd analysis - but in this case to be able to do this for all the stations selected. If this is correct, I definitely agree. Just comparing the live stream as it happens is severely limiting IMO.

I’d like to be able to compare events a day or more in the past on more than one station simultaneously.

Al.

3 Likes

That’s what I meant. I would have the possibility to compare shakenet stations and identify local earthquakes.

4 Likes

The other thing that would be very useful for identifying local quakes, would be if the EQ Locator could access user specified station traces and times - not just already identified events. That’s a request that has been raised before, but yet to be implemented.

Al.

3 Likes

I think I asked about something similar a while ago. Let me add my name to the list of requesters.

And maybe combine this to include another suggestion that I had:
It is difficult (impossible) to select from different station traces starting a the exact same instant, which makes things like comparing arrival times visually a bit difficult.

If we have several station traces displayed on the same screen - please try to ensure that there is a way to select from each using the same cursor size/coordinates to enable easy comparison of the selected data.

2 Likes

While you’re waiting for this to be implemented, you can do it all in SWARM and just use Data View for live streaming (which is what I do).

2 Likes