Evansville

Possibly the house explosion about 80 miles away?

Numerous homes damaged and destroyed in Evansville explosion that killed 3 | Indiana | wevv.com

time frame is about right

R45FA HDF

Ken

2 Likes

Hello Ken,

I cannot see the content of the link, unfortunately (not available outside the United States so I couldn’t find a time reference) but that sudden spike could have been caused by that event.

I don’t know if there are other Booms in the area, or infrasound sensors from other networks that can be used to maybe triangulate the origin, or confirm the pressure shockwave.

There is always a problem with press reporting of the time of the event. In this case, they said it was at the top of the hour so 4 min 46 seconds before this. 80 miles would be about 6 minutes 40 seconds so if the press report was off by 2 minutes then this is it.

Ken

2 Likes

and the date was the 10th.

2 Likes

Wow! Good catch. Such a well defined near field wave form even over 80 miles! I had a look for a closer Boom but only found one at Chattanooga (further away) R709A and couldn’t find a corresponding signal. Dataview window displaying in AEST doesn’t help!

Al.

I took a look too. Stations are a bit sparse in that area, and only this one seems to have captured this signal. Couldn’t find a precise time in any local news, but a signal like that at what would be a good estimate of the time looks like it to me.

1 Like

I agree. I wonder if any shakes near the scene detected it?

I’ll have a look but I can’t guarantee I’ll be accurate enough with the difference in time zones.

Al.

Here’s the EHZ channel from RBB76 in Evansville. This looks like the only thing that could coincide. Similar signals on N and E channels. Looks like 19:56 UTC, which sounds about right for emergency calls to start at 12:58pm (19:58UTC).

Al.

1 Like