i am a soundartist from switzerland and i am trying to record the natural vibrations of a mountain (right next to where i live) to eventually sonify the data and turn it into sound to work with.
i have a rs1 at hand and plan to set it up in a cabin on the mountain. i have solar power there but no wifi or network access.
i just managed to setup my rs1 (at home) and access it through its ip-address.
follow up questions:
- how do i download the mseed or seed-data to use for my sonification?
- does my rs1 acually log on the sd-card or where is the data getting saved?
- if on the sd-card, then: how long will i be able to log data on my 8gb sd when used as a standalone logger?
- does the rs1 just start logging as soon as i plug it in?
- would you recommend another way to set up the standalone logging then let it write on the microsd?
thank you very much for your help/advice
best - claudio