Did I miss the new Stationview Map announcement?

I was a bit surprised when I refreshed the station view map and the triangles were changed to hexagons.

Overall, I really like the changes. The RS model type in the hexagon is a nice touch. The update rate is much better. The map sparkles now :slight_smile: I also like the ability to turn off the events to reduce clutter.

A couple of questions: What is the refresh rate? What is the source of the events and how far back do they go?

If there is a link to all the info, please point me to it.

–Steve
RD29A
Chino Hills, Ca

1 Like

Hello Steve, glad to hear from you again!

Thank you for your constant interest in our updates! I will ask our tech team for the details, and I’ll get back to you as soon as I have them.

Hello again Steve,

here’s a detailed sheet on the functionalities of our Station and EQView portals: https://manual.raspberryshake.org/_downloads/756aa79446b1b263fe8a0091641cc9de/stationViewQualityParameters.pdf

The refresh rate for events is ‘as soon as new information is available’, while the refresh rate of the stations is in real-time.

Thanks for the info on the timing of the info.

I still have some questions about the events:

• How long are they listed on the map? It looks like it is around a week.
  • What are the event codes and what do they indicate? I have seen mostly M, but I did see a C
  • What is Phases used for or mean?

As always, that you for all the info.

–Steve
RD29A
Chino Hills, Ca

No problem at all Steve! Here are the answers you seek:

• How long are they listed on the map? It looks like it is around a week.

This is correct, they remain for 7 days.

• What are the event codes and what do they indicate? I have seen mostly M, but I did see a C

Those codes are related to the location determination process procedure, with A as Automatic, M as Manual and C as Confirmed.

• What is Phases used for or mean?

They are the number of stations used to determine the event location.

On this last point, the entire column should be populated, so we are checking out what is not working as it should. Thank you for your feedback!

1 Like

Thanks for the info on the events!

Ok. I will make an enhancement request :slight_smile:

I like having the ability to hide and show the events. That is a good feature.

However, it would be great to have the ability to filter events when they are displayed. Ideally, you could filter by time and magnitude.

Examples:

• Show all (no filter)
  • Last 24 hours, All Magnitudes
  • Last 48 hours, M3.0 and above
  • All Events, M2.0 and above
  • etc…

Thanks again for all the info and a very nice update to the station view map.

-Steve
RD29A
Chino Hills, Ca

2 Likes

This is an interesting feature that could be added, thank you again, Steve.

I will open a ticket for our developer team, and let’s see what will come out of it in the future.

It is no problem at all, glad that you appreciate the new pages!

I noticed this today:

Thank you. This is a very nice addition/option.

I did have an ask on the new infobox. I started another topic, but decided to delete and add it to this thread…

Is there any way to remove this box from the map? It now blocks the view of serval stations on the map used on my live stream. I tried a few things to remove it, but no luck. I was able to come up with a workaround. However, it would still be nice to have the ability to hide this box.

Thank you,

Steve Caron
RS4D RD29A Chino Hills, Ca

1 Like

A question on the new filters. Will quakes be removed from the map if a quake is older than the filter time period when the map is open for more than filter time period?

Example: I have been using the last 24hrs all magnitudes filter. If I leave the map open for more than 24hrs will quakes older than 24hrs be removed when event time +24hrs is reached? I might be a different use case than most. I keep the map open all the time for my live stream. (From what I have seen so far, quakes older than 24hrs are only removed if refresh the map.)

Thanks again,

–Steve

1 Like

Hello Steve,

I’m glad that you are liking the new StationView options, and, as usual, thank you very much for your feedback!

Regarding the latest event widget, I think we could add a setting so that the user will be able to choose to display it or not. I will ask our dev team.

I will do the same for the filtering display, so that I’ll be able to answer you with precise facts.

I’ll let you know as soon as possible!

1 Like

Hello Steve,

As promised, I’m here with an update.

It is now possible to manually close the widget with the latest earthquake detected by our system via its dedicated “X” symbol. If you cannot see it, consider a hard refresh with Ctrl+F5, or MAC equivalent.

The widget is present as long as the various earthquakes are shown on the map, and it will also disappear if the “Show Events” toggle in the Settings window is off. To make it reappear, if you want it again, simply refresh the page, and it will be there.

Regarding the automatic 24h earthquakes shown, this has also been taken care of, and the displayed events will now automatically reflect the set filter as time passes.

Thank you again for your feedback, it was extremely useful to improve our service to the entire community!

Thank you for the quick turnaround!

Refreshed and the ‘X’ was there. No issues opening or closing the widget.

I have seen quakes (circles) being removed as they pass 24hrs in age. I will keep a close eye on it over the next few days and report back with any issues. However, it looks good so far. :+1:

-Steve

2 Likes