Device CAPS protocol

Hello there,

I’m interested in deploying my own CAPS server, to be used for EEW.
I was wondering if there is a caps module for the device so that the data can be send with caps2caps between device and server or I should use the seedlink server to send data?

Thanks

Hello jimalex,

Similarly to what I answered in your other topic, I passed this to our tech team. This matter in particular is been discussed in the last weeks, and we are defining our protocols.

I’ll let you know as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

Hi @jimalex

We do not currently support the CAPS protocol. But the service of sending data to your own server where the communication is initiated client-side is a paid service.

By the way, for future inquiries, it is good to know who we are talking to and if you are speaking as hobbyist or seismologist at a geophysical institute, for example. That way we can give you the best answers possible.

branden

1 Like

hello @branden
thanks for your answer.
I’m a university researcher, currently involved in an EEW project.

If you don’t support CAPS then what does this refer to?

But the service of sending data to your own server where the communication is initiated client-side is a paid service.

What does this cost refer to? Since the installation of the server would be mine, there isn’t any cost for you for the data streaming.

You are most welcome @jimalex. Oh great to know this about you. What part of the world are you working in? We are involved in a few EEW projects also, perhaps there is some overlap.

We run a CAPS data streaming service server-side. So the link you sent is referring to our CAPS services in the cloud where data is streamed to various clients from the Raspberry Shake Data Center to their local SeisComP instances via CAPS.

The costs are defined in the same section you linked to.

Branden

Hello @branden
I’ve sent you a DM.
Please get back to me at your earliest convenience.

Thanks!