Data stream stops recieving new data

Hi All,

sorry if this has been asked before, I’m having a hard time wording this correctly for the search engine.

starting to get interested in this project, when viewing the “live data display” after about 60 seconds the stream stops receiving new data but keeps scrolling the blank ness that follows the initial data received when the page was launched.

If I refresh the page, new data loads for about 60 seconds and then the issue happens again.

This happens no matter what shake I’m viewing, and no matter the browser I use.

I have tried embedding the streams and having the network connection reset using Java, and still does not help.

hoping someone else has run into this before.

2 Likes

I can’t now get any data on dataview either now. It was hit and miss now nothing.

Is this close to being fixed? I have tried several browsers and a linux and windows 10 computer same thing nothing.

1 Like

Hello CptCloseCall, and welcome to the community!

Thank you for the feedback regarding this live data display issue. I think that the team is already working on it, but I’ll check again to be sure that they are aware of the problem.

I will provide an update on its solution as soon as I hear from them. Thank you for your patience while we address this.

2 Likes

Hello reelfoot,

So you cannot see any data from any Shake in this way from DataView, for example?

My tests were with Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, with data appearing in each one of them.

Or is it a more localized issue with data from certain Shakes that remains blank? Can you provide any more details on what you have tried so that I can see if I can recreate the issue on my side?

Thank you!

I believe his issue will be seperate from mine.

just thought id add an example of what i see after the “live data view” running for about 4 minutes.

and this has happened to every shake iv tried to monitor, from multiple different browsers, on multiple different machines.

3 Likes

Same here, been doing that for a while now.

3 Likes

Hello CptCloseCall and fester (welcome back!),

To update you, I have received confirmation that the team is aware of this particular issue and is working to fix it as soon as possible. While I cannot provide an ETA on when the problem will be solved, rest assured that, among the other server restoration effort, we are also focused on this.

Thank you for your understanding, and apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

1 Like

Any updates on this one?

We’re trying to keep our eyes on the real-time Grindavik public rshakes, and refreshing the browser every 30 seconds isn’t a great option.

1 Like

My current work around os embedding the stream in a custom html page and setting auto refresh in the html.

1 Like

Hello kyleobyte, and welcome to our community!

I have asked our team for updates on this matter to see where we are with fixing this issue, and I’ll let you know as soon as I have news.

For now, a temporary fix can be the one CptCloseCall has highlighted, albeit we naturally want a more streamlined and hassle-free experience.

We apologize for this issue and the inconvenience that it is causing.